Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 36 months from the date of completion of the work described on the contract or proposal, Finest Finish Painting & Drywall (the “Contractor”) will repair paint and drywall deficiencies resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
– Retain a signed copy of the original contract.
– Pay the entirety of the final invoice balance, including GST.
– Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or their employees, to perform the tasks required to complete the job as agreed upon in the contract.
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
– Any work where the Contractor did not supply the paint or other varnished surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metals.
– Repairs to any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood.
– Exact paint matches, as environmental conditions will affect the colour and finish of all paints over time.
– Any repairs which are required as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or not.
– Bleeding caused by knots or rust.
– Cracks in drywall or plaster not installed by Finest Finish.
– Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
– Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the structural settling or moisture content of the abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids.
– Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred.
- Inadequate amount or improper installation of insulation in wall and ceiling cavities.
- Single pain windows that allow for significant air drafting.
- Power outages/limitations due to breakers being flipped by an electrical contractor, resulting in heating systems becoming inactive.
– Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the repairs under this limited warranty.
This limited warranty is the only expressed warranty made by the Contractor and is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. This warranty covers only those services provided by the contractor to the original purchaser named on the front of the contract or proposal. In no event shall the contractor be liable for incidental or consequential damages or damages in excess of the original contract price. This warranty may not be altered or extended for any purpose unless done so in writing in a document executed by all parties to the contract.